Specialist Homecare Nurse - Chemotherapy
Position: Specialist Homecare Nurse - Chemotherapy
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
Salary: £31,000 - £34,000 Dependant on Experience + Company Car / Allowance
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 hours
Here at Pulse we are happy to be recruiting on behalf of one of our well established clients, a market leader in patient care at home. This role will require you to work autonomously to give cancer patients the best care from their own homes. This role will therefore require a degree of travelling and will cover not only Leeds but a spread area of Yorkshire.
Reports to: Clinical Manager
* To conduct training interaction to ensure the patient or carer are able to safely self-medicate relevant oncology medications.
* Provide on-going support to patients through the combination of support programmes to include telephone, clinic-based and home visits as per product and client protocols.
* Complete line care for all IV oncology patients whilst ensuring lines are clean and clear.
* Check blood results and make decisions on whether the patient's critical levels are within safe parameters to continue with treatment. Liaise with referring consultants on any concerns around treatment or if the patient is too unwell to receive medication.
* Registered with the NMC or HCPC.
* Approved/ Recognised chemotherapy delivery qualification.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
* Experience within an acute care setting.
* Experience of undertaking clinical assessments and administrative sub-cutaneous injections.
* Clinical teaching experience
Salary and Benefits -
* £31,000 - £34,000 basic salary
* Company Car or Allowance
* Childcare vouchers
* 25 days annual leave + 8 Days bank holidays
* Pension Scheme
* Private Healthcare after 2 years service
* Mobile Phone & Tablet
* Death in Service.
** Full detailed job description available**
Key Words - Homecare, Chemotherapy, Oncology, Cancer Care.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information and for full job description please contact Craig Travis at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 alternatively please forward your CV