Residential Detoxification Nurse
2 days left
- Job Type
SMART is a well established and highly regarded Charity providing high quality services to support and inspire recovery. Our innovative projects are designed to assist in transforming the prospects and opportunities of people, especially those with substance misuse problems.
Based in Oxford, SMART Howard House is a Residential Detoxification Unit. We provide intensive support and medically assisted detoxification from drugs and alcohol for those who need a safe environment in which to achieve abstinence.
To meet the demands of this role you will:
- Be a nurse with a current NMC registration, with at least 2 years post registration experience
- Have previous experience of working within the substance misuse field or other voluntary agency
- Have experience of providing clinical assessments and detoxification for clients
It is desirable that you will:
- Be a qualified nurse prescriber
We will consider applicants who are not prescribers, and would offer prescribing training as a development opportunity.
You will need to be positive, proactive and flexible in your approach, and have a passion for supporting service users to achieve abstinence. The role is Mon- Fri and no callouts or weekend working required.
In return, SMART provides:
- A very friendly, open and professional environment
- Annual Leave 27 days per year plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Development support with your continual personal development:
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
At SMART we are committed to promoting dignity in the work place for all. This includes encouraging diversity and equality of opportunity for all.
Due to the nature of our work, all applicants will have to complete a DBS check for this role.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 5th June
For an application pack, please click on apply button.
For more details or an informal discussion please call Ian Trinder, Manager, on 01865 200955