Community District Nurse Team Leader Opportunity BaNES
Virgin Care is on the lookout for a Community District Nurse Team Lead to join the team in the Hollies.
The Community Nursing service aims to prevent hospital admissions and facilitate hospital discharge to allow people to remain in their own homes. The District Nursing Service provides nursing care to housebound patients in non-hospital settings such as a patient’s home and residential homes, whilst delivering high quality comprehensive holistic nursing care.
What are we looking for from our Community District Nurse Team Leader?
The purpose of the role is to manage the district nursing team. The post holder has overall responsibility for all aspects of service user management in the team, planning day to day care and problem solving for the team where necessary, influencing changes to clinical practice and being a role model. They ensure collaboration of the team with other health professionals.
The essential qualities we are looking for in our applicants are:
- Hold recognised qualifications within the professional area at degree level/BTEC Advanced
- Professional Diploma/Graduate Certificate level/NVQ4/VQ4. Must hold a degree or qualification recognised as equivalent by professional body if an essential requirement of the post and with the appropriate registrations.
- Holds or is working towards a post graduate diploma / degree in professional discipline and/or management practice
- Has depth of knowledge of principles and practices within a professional discipline.
- Demonstrates experience in a people management role, including experience conducting appraisals and general performance management tasks.
- Experience of helping to develop team members and of seeking ways to improve services
- Ability to interpret and explain a variety of routine and more complex technical information to a variety of audiences
What can you expect from Virgin Care?
- You will have access to innovation funds, allowing you to put your ideas in to practice
- On-going training and development opportunities – including CPD opportunities
- You can expect a supportive, knowledgeable and highly committed peer group with the chance to shape the future
- Hand-picked deals from Tribe partners - discounts from national retailers and shops
- Health and wellbeing programmes
What do our current colleagues say?
“At Virgin Care, you will have an opportunity to flourish in a progressive and forward thinking organisation which is ever expanding and is responsive to the demands of the current NHS. You can be part of shaping the care you deliver in an organisation that cares about your lifelong learning and is committed to delivering care that they want you to feel proud of. We want patients to feel the difference” Sue Robinson, Clinical Lead Nurse
Our Service is a nurse led service which allows us to demonstrate our skills and professionalism whilst always working within our own competencies. We regularly utilise shared learning within the team and always look to develop our skills within our NMC code of practice. We want our patients to feel valued and well cared for in our service. Collette Staunton, Clinical Lead Nurse
Want to apply?
You can apply via Virgin Care’s careers page (www.virgincare.co.uk/careers) keying reference number: 170000D4.
If you’d like to learn more about the opportunities we can provide, or even want to pop along for an informal visit we’d love to hear from you. For further information or if you would like to arrange an informal visit, please contact: Susan.email@example.com or 07976 239063