Band 5 Community Nurse Opportunities BaNES
Want to work as a Community Nurse in Bath and North East Somerset? We have a variety of full time, part time, fixed term and bank opportunities for you to join us in Keynsham and The Hollies, Midsomer Norton.
The Community Nursing service aims to prevent hospital admissions and facilitate hospital discharge to allow people to remain in their own homes. The District Nursing Service provides nursing care to housebound patients in non-hospital settings such as a patient’s home and residential homes, whilst delivering high quality comprehensive holistic nursing care.
What are we looking for from our Community Nurses?
As a Community Staff Nurse you will deal with a variety of patients and conditions and contribute to the overall performance of the team by being a proactive, enthusiastic team member
The essential qualities we are looking for in our applicants are:
- Have a recognised qualification within the professional area at e.g. Degree/ BTEC Advanced Professional Diploma/ Graduate certificate level/NVQ 4/VQ4 or equivalent
- Have relevant practitioner experience in a similar sized health/ social care organisation and be competent in a wide range of relevant clinical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of standardised rules, procedures within own area and across disciplines relevant to the job role
- Experience of interpreting and explaining routine and non- routine technical information
What can you expect from Virgin Care?
- You will have access to innovation funds, allowing you to put your ideas in to practice
- On-going training and development opportunities – including CPD opportunities
- You can expect a supportive, knowledgeable and highly committed peer group with the chance to shape the future
- Hand-picked deals from Tribe partners - discounts from national retailers and shops
- Health and wellbeing programmes
What do our current colleagues say?
“At Virgin Care, you will have an opportunity to flourish in a progressive and forward thinking organisation which is ever expanding and is responsive to the demands of the current NHS. You can be part of shaping the care you deliver in an organisation that cares about your lifelong learning and is committed to delivering care that they want you to feel proud of. We want patients to feel the difference” Sue Robinson, Clinical Lead Nurse
Our Service is a nurse led service which allows us to demonstrate our skills and professionalism whilst always working within our own competencies. We regularly utilise shared learning within the team and always look to develop our skills within our NMC code of practice. We want our patients to feel valued and well cared for in our service. Collette Staunton, Clinical Lead Nurse
Want to apply?
You can apply by clicking on apply button keying reference number: 17000152
If you’d like to learn more about the opportunities we can provide, or even want to pop along for an informal visit we’d love to hear from you. For further information or if you would like to arrange an informal visit, please contact: Susan.email@example.com or 07976 239063