Clinical Nurse Advisor - Home IV Therapy - Field based
Clincal Nurse Advisor - Home IV Therapy
Location: North of Preston / Blackpool areas
Reports to : Regional Nurse Manager
Fresenius Kabi is a global healthcare company that specialises in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. The company's products and services are used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients.
With a corporate philosophy of 'caring for life' , the company's goal is to improve the patient's quality of life.
Our product portfolio comprises a comprehensive range of I.V. generic drugs, infusion therapies and clinical nutrition products as well as the medical devices for administering these products.
At Fresenius Kabi , our extensive nursing team are passionate about what they do. This team of highly skilled nurse are committed to patients and their care right across the UK. We collaborate with the NHS to encourage our patients' independence, enabling them to enjoy a good quality of life at home.
Our nurses offer care and support for many chronically and critically ill patients needing intravenous (IV) or nutritional therapy. This can vary from a course of IV antibiotics to lifelong nutritional support.
Our specialist nurses monitor and deliver nutritional support for these patients in the comfort of their own homes. Visiting many patients daily, the nurses connect and disconnect patients to a parenteral feeding system giving them the essential nutrients they need to thrive.
Other patients are able to manage their own care at home via a feeding tube in their stomach. Our nurses visit these patients regularly , giving essential support and providing them with a lifeline. This support can include teaching patients and families to manage their own care at home.
Whatever the patients requirements, our dedicated and professional team of field based nurse are totally focussed on their individual needs.
To facilitate the safe discharge of enteral/Parenteral/IV therapy patients in liaison with hospitals accounts and to provide ongoing support in the community for patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
- To manage a patient caseload, fulfilling all nursing requirements in agreement with Regional Nurse Manager.
- To maintain and provide an agreed level of service to existing business accounts on a given territory.
- To provide telephone advice line cover as part of a rota to homecare patients.
- To work at all times within the NMC Code of Conduct and professional practice
- To assess, plan and implement the nursing requirements of high tech, parenteral and enteral patients to secure safe patient discharges into the community.
- To identify patient, carers and customer training needs and undertake appropriate and suitable training to ensure safe administration of therapy.
- To work within protocols and guidelines as agreed with referring hospital/clinician/nurse specialist
- To liaise and provide support and feedback for other health care professionals/referring hospital/clinician/nurse specialist.
- Demonstrate Company values
- To attend company and customer meetings and participate in company training programmes as requested by management.
- To complete personal objectives as discussed and identified with Regional Nurse Manager and deliver within agreed timescales.
- To prepare and submit on time a monthly expense report supported by the relevant VAT receipts and in keeping with company expense guidelines.
- To work closely with Sales Team/Internal customers to ensure a consistent approach to customers.