It’s an exciting time to join us: We have recently been rated ‘Outstanding’ for Caring and Good overall by the CQC!
To recognise your talent and experience the following benefits apply to these roles (in addition to the relevant benefits listed in the Benefits section below):
£1,200 New Hire Bonus (where applicable)
Make a Difference!
We believe in changing lives through giving excellent care that improves people’s mental health and now is a great time to be part of the KMPT family and join our ‘Outstanding’ team.
Ready to take your personal and professional life to a new level? Then it’s time to discover more…
About the Service Line/Department:
The Trust covers a big county with a population of 1.7 million, which is spread across 1500 square miles. The Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) Service in Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT) is a multidisciplinary specialist service which is part of the Community Recovery Service Line (CRSL). The EIP service is a Trust wide standalone service providing a consistent approach across this large geographical area to service users and families and carers.
The EIP service provides treatment and support to people experiencing a suspected first episode of psychosis (FEP). The service currently provides assessment and treatment to individuals aged 14 to 35 and their families; and following the introduction of the new EIP Access and Waiting Time Standards, it is currently being developed to extend service provision to users up to the age of 65.
The team works assertively and intensively with service users and carers to promote engagement with care professionals and treatment plans, and to facilitate social inclusion and recovery.
We are looking for qualified practitioners (Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker*) with relevant experience, who are motivated to work within and contribute to the continued development of this exciting service.
The principle purpose is to provide a person-centred approach, focusing on the needs of the service users and their carers.
The successful applicants will be recruited into either a Band 5 or a Band 6 position depending on experience, and will be responsible for the following:
• To manage a caseload of clients first episode psychosis with complex needs, using evidence based / client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
• To provide a professional contribution, supervision and advice to a multi-disciplinary team to support the delivery of safe, effective and high quality mental health services with meet existing new policies, practice and standards.
To be successful in this position, the following skills and attributes are essential:
• A strong commitment to collaborative working and actively supporting and liaising with other health and social professionals and agencies.
• Significant experience of working with service users with psychosis when acutely ill.
• Significant experience and skills in clinical assessment.
• Significant experience and skills in risk assessment and management.
• Experience of working directly with people with psychosis is essential.
• Applicants need to be able to work flexibly, creatively and be responsive to the needs of this client group and their carers.
• To deliver an effective service it is essential that you are able to travel between bases in a timely manner.
• As part of the Band 6 Nursing team you will be required to attain a mentoring qualification (if hired into the Band 5 position, KMPT will provide the necessary support to attain your mentoring qualification).
Care coordinators have capped caseloads to allow for innovative and focused interventions in partnership with service users, families and carers promoting recovery, social inclusion and well-being.
If you are interested in developing skills and gaining experience in this dynamic service working with clients with first episode of psychosis, this is the right match for you!
Employment in this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
(*working under KMPT Terms and Conditions)