Nursing Services Manager Oncology - South
- The Nursing Services Manager will support the Regional Operations Manager (ROM) and be responsible for the leadership and management of the nursing team, ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality, safe clinical care.
- They will work with the ROM and all other internal stakeholders/ external customers to ensure care and services are delivered efficiently and effectively across the region.
- The Nursing Services Manager will undertake clinical duties as and when appropriate according to the demands of the business
- Be accountable for patient case management and ensuring reporting requirements of NHS Trusts, customers and the company are met.
- To ensure that delivered care is of a high standard, complies with codes of practice, company procedures and is monitored and documented effectively.
- Provide clinical leadership, advice and guidance to all colleagues and team members ensuring team are competent in their practice, in collaboration with regional clinical trainers.
- To ensure the team understands their role of patient advocate and the responsibilities within this.
- Ensure all patient care is documented and that all relevant records are completed accurately, and within agreed timescales, using company approved documentation in line with NMC and CQC standards.
- Accountable for reporting all activity, risks and issues in line with LloydsPharmacy Clinical Homecare policies and procedures.
- To be a competent practitioner and maintain clinical skills and knowledge in line with NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- To have an awareness of the Annual Operating Performance and operational reporting and to effectively manage operational costs as required, including expenses, mileage, mobile phones etc.
- To report on performance data and trends to line manager/ clinical lead as agreed
Resource Management & Control
- To manage operational delivery of the service ensuring cost effective and efficient resource
- planning and deployment.
- Work collaboratively with sales to support existing and new business within region
- Manage and plan the on-boarding of new patients, including discharge from hospital and risk
- To participate with the ROM in managing risk and adherence to the current complaints
- To investigate all complaints in line with company procedures and report findings and
- recommendations to ROM.
- To ensure adherence to Clinical and Information Governance procedures and requirements,
- including training and record keeping.
- To ensure that H&S policy and procedures are in place and that accidents are reported and
- Participate in clinical audits and implement corrective action plans to support improvements to clinical care and service delivery in collaboration with clinical trainers.
- Manage a team of Home Care Nurses within a field based setting.
- Delegate authority appropriately ensuring requirements are realistic and achievable.
- In collaboration with scheduling manage annual leave to ensure service requirements are maintained.
- Participate in Clinical Supervision.
- Undertake regular reviews and PPM's with all direct line reports, ensuring development needs are met and poor performance is managed.
- To be responsible for the management of the team including absence management, performance management and recruitment of new staff as required.
- Chair team meetings and brief the team on business issues.
- Ensure effective communication with team to resolve issues and maintain team morale.
- To ensure team mandatory training is undertaken.
- Competitive basic salary
- Car or car allowance (£4,200 FTE) as appropriate
- Personal pension plan
- Discounted healthcare insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- 33 days annual leave (includes statutory holidays)
- NMC fee refunded after a year's service
For more information on this vacancy please contact Natasha Hopkins on 07715055848 alternatively email email@example.com