Head of Clinical Services
Head of Clinical Services
Sue Ryder, South Oxfordshire
If you are looking to make a positive, lasting impact, this is an amazing opportunity to join a renowned charity as a Head of Clinical Services during an exciting period of expansion and change.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
Currently, we are seeking a Head of Clinical Services to join us at Nettlebed Hospice, which offers an inpatient unit and day services for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease.
You’ll join us at a really exciting time as we plan to move these services to alternative locations within the area – still under the management of Sue Ryder. We’re also launching our brand-new South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub, which will add to our outstanding care provision.
- Salary of c£50,000 per annum
- Private pension scheme and employee assistance line
- Free eye tests, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and travel ticket loan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Car sacrifice scheme
- £500 refer a nurse bonus scheme
- Carer’s leave policy
- Long service awards
- Corporate discount scheme with hundreds of retailers and services
- 25 days’ holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Option to buy and sell up to five days’ holiday
In this integral role, you will have the chance to lead a passionate team who are shaping the future of palliative care across South Oxfordshire. Working as part of seven hospices across the UK, you’ll benefit from a network of peer support and will have the opportunity to contribute towards Sue Ryder’s strategy and vision.
Many people believe that once you have a life-changing illness there’s little left. We don’t.
If you agree, come and join the team.
As the Head of Clinical Services, you will ensure that Nettlebed Hospice delivers the highest standards of care.
Reporting to the Director of Services – South Oxfordshire, you will:
- Motivate, lead and guide a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring they perform to the best of their ability
- Act as Nettlebed Hospice’s Registered Manager with the Care Quality Commission
- Deliver high quality care within budget, to agreed service specifications and to defined outcome measures
- Take the lead from a clinical perspective on the development and implementation of new services
- Drive a culture of continuous quality improvement within the hospice
- Ensure that the hospice operates in-line with relevant regulations
- Deputise for the Director of Services – South Oxfordshire, when necessary
- Occasionally travel to our other sites
To join us as our Head of Clinical Services, you’ll need:
- To be a Registered Nurse with the NMC
- Clinical experience
- A CQC Registered Manager’s qualification or the ability to meet the requirements of CQC Registered Manager’s status within three months of being in your post
- A management qualification or equivalent experience
- A track record of analysing data and writing reports
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- A degree level qualification
- A full driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Senior Clinical Services Manager, Head of Care, Head of Care Services, Head of Palliative Care, Registered Manager, Healthcare Manager or Senior Care Manager.
Webrecruit and Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to make a real difference as our Head of Clinical Services, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.