Oncology Nurse Adviser
Oncology Nurse Advisor
Salford Quays, Manchester
£28k - £33k depending on experience.
Full time, 37.5 hours Mon-Fri. Part time will be considered
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you'll be working in
We provide a range of health insurance options which can give customers access to diagnosis, treatment and specialist support services. The benefits available to our customers include; clinical case management, access to Bupa-approved consultants, breakthrough treatment and drugs, our 24/7 Anytime HealthLine and cancer cover that comes with the Bupa cancer promise.
What you'll be doing
Looking to spend more time with your patients? Looking for flexibility?
Patients are your priority - minimal time restraints.
You'll be working to support the implementation and case management for our customers requiring Oncology services.
What's a typical day?
- You will work within a team of specialis oncology nurses with a clinical lead.
- Your role will be to enable and empower the customer to make the best and most appropriate use of health care services and support to obtain treatment and to coach and them in order to make informed health choices.
- Full case management of your customers through all stages of care; from initial diagnosis management of clinical condition, right through to end of life care.
A fixed location and flexible working hours between 8am-8pm at our Salford Quays offices means we offer an excellent work life balance.
Meet our Oncology Team: https://www.facebook.com/BupaUK/videos/vb.49351356928/10155639783776929/?type=2&theate
Who we're looking for?
* NMC registered RGN at a NHS Band 5 or Band 6 within the oncology area.
* Experience working in a relevant environment such an acute hospital or chemotherapy treatment setting.
* Relevant post graduate qualification would be advantageous.
* Good interpersonal and organizational skills are expected
What's it like to work here?
We want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
Our Salford Quays office is a brand new purpose-built facility which has been specially designed for modern, flexible ways of working. For non-drivers, it's easily accessible by tram from central Manchester.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- CPD calendar and webinars
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CDP
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You're paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Free onsite gym and subsidised staff restaurant
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you'd like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com