Paediatric community nurse
Community paediatric Nurse
Up to £38,000 + Benefits
Basingstoke, Winchester and Hampshire
Pulse is working with a specialist healthcare organisation, which provides healthcare to patients in their own homes. They are now looking to recruit a paediatric nurse to work in the community covering Basingstoke, Winchester and Hampshire. You will be a registered sick children's nurse (RSCN) nurse who is able to work autonomously to deliver this service in a home environment.
This diverse and innovative organisation has extensive experience of working with both NHS and private clients to provide a homecare service for children as well as adults.
The role itself will involve the nurse working autonomously in the community to deliver care to paediatric patients with complex care needs, including brain and spinal injuries.
We are interested from paediatric nurses who are now be looking for a career within the community setting. Previous community nursing experience is not required - full training will be provided. It is essential that the successful nurse is able to perform venepuncture, cannulate and administer IV drugs.
Experience caring for spinal cord injury or paediatric patients with long terms neurological conditions would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong nursing background with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- RSCN qualification
- A driving license
- The ability to undertake venepuncture, administer IV drugs and ideally cannulate as well
- The confidence to work autonomously in delivering patient care
The successful candidate will receive:
- Strong salary and benefits based upon experience
- Millage will of course be paid for travel
- Contributory Pension scheme and life assurance policy
- Excellent ongoing learning and development opportunities
If you are a nurse now looking for an exciting career within community nursing, get in touch with us to chat through this opportunity.
Contact Jasmin today on 0207 959 1016 for more information or email your CV