Do you want to help give children the best start in life? Would you like to work as a Health Visitor in a unique and vibrant community in a stunning natural environment? If so, come and join our friendly team of experienced health service professionals in the beautiful Falkland Islands.
Supporting a caseload of approximately 250 families across the Falkland Islands, the role involves promoting a quality health visiting service for the whole community, ensuring each individual has the opportunity to reach their optimum potential.
The Health Visitor will act as a link officer for child protection, working with families and social services to ensure the safety of children in the Falkland Islands.
You will also manage and promote the child immunisation programme and be involved in island-wide public health campaigns, working alongside the School Nurse and other healthcare professionals to enable young people and families to make informed choices about their health, with an emphasis on prevention versus cure.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive specialist community health nurse, with a minimum of two years post-registration experience. You will be a role model for your field of expertise and a supportive team player. You will also be a skilled problem solver, processing excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Minimum 2 Years Post-Registration experience as a Health Visitor or Specialist Community Child/Public Health Nurse.
- Registered Health Visitor (RHV) Status from the UK or equivalent (e.g. Qualified Nurse or Midwife with relevant post-graduate training and experience).
- Child Protection/Safeguarding Training
- Confident in administering immunisations and managing a childhood immunisation programme.
- Fluent English Speaker, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of building strong working relationships in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own caseload and respond to changing needs of the patient.
- Willingness to use Electronic Patient Records systems and Microsoft Office.
- Initial 2-4 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
- Salary Range £30-39k, starting salaries will be dependent upon experience.
- 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and your dependents, including mid-term return flight home.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you get settled in.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply online, please visit www.jobs.gov.fk, this can be found through the APPLY button below
Closing date for applications is 19.00 UK time on 31 January 2019
If you have any questions about working for the Falkland Islands Government or would like further information about applying, you can find contact details at the above link.