Deputy Clinical Lead
Deputy Clinical Lead - In Patient Unit
£33,000 - £37,000 FTE
Prospect Hospice are seeking an experienced Deputy Clinical Lead to provide nursing leadership within the inpatient unit, ensuring an effective quality nursing service, with responsibility for standards of nursing care and patient safety in conjunction with the Clinical Lead. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the in-patient unit at a time of re-structuring and to lead quality improvement initiatives to ensure we have a unit that achieves excellence in a care team.
37.5 hours per week over 7 days (days & nights)
A little bit about us
Prospect Hospice is a caring, progressive and ambitious organisation with a history of and passion for providing excellent, personalised and compassionate care. We are an independent charity supporting a community of 300,000 people in Swindon, Marlborough and north Wiltshire, and the villages of Lechlade and Fairford in Gloucestershire. We are the only dedicated provider of specialist end-of-life care services within the area. Our multi-professionals teams support people in the community, in care homes, at the Great Western Hospital and at the purpose-built hospice in Wroughton. Our services are also extended to the families and friends of patients.
What is the role?
As the Deputy Clinical Lead you will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Clinical Lead in the effective leadership, management and coordination of the In Patient Unit, with shared responsibility for ensuring care is safe, effective and responsive to people’s needs.
The Deputy Clinical Lead will fulfil a true nursing leadership role in the clinical area ensuring an effective quality nursing service, whilst striving for continuous improvement. As the Deputy Clinical Lead you will act as a role model, teacher and supervisor for registered nurses and health care assistants and to manage, co-ordinate and effectively integrate the volunteer resource on the In- Patient Unit.
- Registered General Nurse
- Specialist palliative care experience
- Degree in a health care related field, or working towards
- Management or leadership qualification or certificate, or willingness to undertake
- Proven experience in advancing practice and implementing change
- Experience of managing people or teams
It would also be great if you have:
- Experience of working with patients and carers with mental health and learning disability needs
- Teaching or mentoring qualification
What we offer
We’ll also provide you with a welcoming and supportive working environment, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 27 days annual leave entitlement (pro rata for part-time)
- A contributory pension scheme (NHS transferrable)
- An occupational health and employee assistance programme
- A childcare voucher scheme
- Family-friendly policies and practice
- Supportive induction, and training and development
- Free parking
For further information or to apply please see our website www.prospect-hospice.net
Interviews will be held on Monday 4th March 2019.
Closing date for applications – Monday, 25th February 2019
Informal visits are encouraged, to arrange a visit please contact Sally Phipps on 01793 816194
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we received, it is not possible to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, following the closing date of this vacancy, your application will have been unsuccessful.