Nurse In Charge – In Patient Unit
Nurse In Charge – In Patient Unit
£28,000 - £33,000 FTE
Are you a highly experienced Nurse looking for a new challenging opportunity? We require energetic Nurses in Charge to provide nursing leadership and to manage and co-ordinate an effective high quality nursing service on our inpatient unit.
Prospect Hospice is an ambitious and caring organisation. We are passionate about providing excellent, personalised and compassionate care; and are looking to recruit motivated nurses who share these values. It’s an exciting time to join us as we are undergoing a significant period of change and are looking for people committed to the highest standards of patient care who can help us make a real difference to patients and to service improvements as we continue to evolve and grow.
37.5 hours per week – over 7 days (days & nights as required)
A little bit about us
We are an independent hospice supporting a community of 300,000 people in Swindon, Marlborough and North Wiltshire, and the villages of Lechlade and Fairford in Gloucestershire. It is the only dedicated provider of specialist end of life care services within the area. The Hospice’s multi-professionals teams support people in the community, in care homes, at the Great Western Hospital and at the Hospice in Wroughton. Care is also extended to the families and friends of patients.
What is the role?
You will be responsible for providing clinical nursing care and ensuring patient safety in conjunction with the Clinical Lead and Deputy Clinical Lead. Acting as a role model, teacher and supervisor for Registered Nurses and Health Care Assistant’s and also to manage and coordinate volunteer resource on the In Patient Unit. You will maintain a positive and professional working environment focused on clinical excellence and continual improvement.
Your specific responsibilities will be all aspects of patient care including assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care and to supervise the nursing care given to patients on the unit, ensuring that care is patient centred and evidence based. In addition, you will co-ordinate all shift activities and decisions that may involve complex discussion, negotiation and makes best use of available resources.
- Registered Nurse
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Specialist palliative care experience
- Degree in a heath care related field, or working towards
- Specialist Palliative care qualification or willingness to undertake
- Understand the principles and benefits of clinical supervision and reflective practice
- Multi-disciplinary or professional team working
It would also be great if you have:
- Evidence of professional development within specialist palliative care
- Advanced Communication Skills
- Teaching or mentoring qualification
- Proven experience in advancing practice and implementing change
What’s in it for me?
We are changing and growing. It’s an exciting time to join an independent local charity where everyone’s ideas are encouraged and staff participation is really important to us.
We’ll also provide you with a welcoming and supportive working environment, other benefits include:
- 27 days annual leave entitlement (pro rata for part-time)
- Contributory pension scheme (NHS transferrable)
- Occupational health and Employee Assistance Programme
- Family-friendly policies and practice
- Supportive induction, and training and development
- Free parking
Closing date for applications – Monday, 25th February 2019
Interviews will be held on Monday 11th March 2019.
For further information or to apply please see our website www.prospect-hospice.net
Informal visits are encouraged, to arrange a visit please contact Sally Phipps on 01793 816194
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we received, it is not possible to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, following the closing date of this vacancy, your application will have been unsuccessful.